It is possible to publish your Live Streaming services to Facebook using our Stream Targets function. You can publish to either a Facebook Page or your own Timeline.
Before starting, please review Facebook’s Best Practices for Live Streaming
Facebook stream targets have the following requirements for live streams:
- The maximum resolution is 720p (720 x 1280), at 30 frames per second.
- You must send a keyframe (I-frame) at least once every two seconds throughout the stream.
- The recommended maximum video bitrate is 4 Mbps.
- The audio bitrate must be 128 Kbps mono.
- The audio sample rate must be 44.1 KHz.
- The maximum length is 4 hours.
- The recommended projection format for 360 (spherical) video is equirectangular.
- Once you stop streaming and the Stream Target disconnects, it will not reconnect and you will need to recreate the Facebook Stream Target.
How To Video
Select a service in Logosys with Stream Target support
- Select a Live Streaming service in the Logosys cloud login and enable Stream Targets.
- Publish your stream to the new service (Remember 720p w/128Kbps mono audio)
- You will now see a new Stream Targets button under Features on the Service Overview page
- Click on Create a new stream target
- Configure your new Live Stream and press Continue with Facebook when ready.A continuous live stream supports a stream of unlimited duration. Use cases for continuous live include live feeds of aquariums, museums, and zoos. (Before streaming using continuous live, please note that continuous live streams do not generate VOD, do not send notifications to followers, and do not collect video insights for peak concurrent viewers.).
- Select where you wish to publish the video